Are you afraid of spiders, fear flying, or heights? Then you probably have a phobia – a form of anxiety disorder.
People suffering from phobias experience a long-lasting and robust fear of specific objects or situations: For example, seeing a spider or thinking of a dentist appointment.
Now neither spiders nor dental visits are among our favorite encounters. But where does this normal, nauseous feeling end, and – where does the phobia begin?
The thought of a typical trigger of anxiety (spiders, dentists, …) triggers a physical reaction for which there are no organic causes – such as
- Shortness of breath,
- Gastrointestinal discomfort or
Often, those affected can barely control these feelings. The fear increases in part until reaching a full-on panic attack.
The inadequacy of fear: those affected are often aware of the irrationality of their anxiety.
Avoidance strategy: From “fear of their fear,” sufferers increasingly try to avoid the fear trigger. This fear of fear, however, only intensifies the fear, spreads to other areas of your life, and limits everyday life more and more.
The three types of phobia:
- Social phobias: social apprehension fears. Fear of critical appraisal by others, fear of blushing.
- Agoraphobia (claustrophobia): with restriction to the ability to move fearing to get into an anxious situation, where you cannot always go away or where help is not still available.
- Specific phobias: narrowly defined fear of particular harmless objects and situations.
How can biodynamic hypnotherapy help with phobias?
Biodynamic hypnosis has a direct effect on the anxiety center and changes neural links in the brain through neuroplasticity. That happens in a trance where anxiety causes are searched for, and anxiety-triggering situations are experienced again and again to solve the blockages imaginatively.
During this process, the client feels safe and secure at all times.
Additionally, relaxation procedures, energy techniques, and resource training cause the stimulus reactions to change so that a more relaxed life is achievable. With hypnotherapy, a more positive-realistic attitude to life is promoted, and the person concerned is not always dominated by fears.
The ultimate goal of hypnosis is for the person at the end of it to feel free and secure.
Your treatment for phobia
- 1 to 3 sessions
- Session length: 2 or 3 hours
- Biodynamic – hypnotic intensive sessions for phobia. Those include:
o Free telephone support
o Minimum one hypnosis CD/Stick for relaxation
• Regression and analytic-conversational hypnosis,
• Work with part-personalities,
• Healing of the inner child,
• MEFT (Mindful Emotional Freedom Therapy),
• NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming),
• Energy therapy – are used depending on the problem.
o Mindful self-hypnosis, which is a highly effective self-hypnosis technique for physical and mental self-influencing results.
You can find additional information regarding methods of biodynamic hypnosis HERE. Please also note the paragraph about contraindications. Any questions? Give us a call.
§§§ We are not doctors, do not make any medical diagnoses, administer or prescribe any medications, and we do not give any promises of healing. Our work as a hypnotherapist (state-approved for psychotherapy/health insurance) cannot replace a visit to a doctor. The therapists can decide in individual cases whether to accept or reject treatment.