On this page, we will be informing you on eating disorders, as well as giving you an insight into how and under what circumstances a hypnotherapy could be useful for you.
Are you interested trying biodynamic hypnosis for weight loss? This weight reduction technique is explained in further details in the following paragraph.
What is an eating disorder?
The following diseases are generally considered as eating disorders:
- Anorexia nervosa,
- Eating-crushing addiction (bulimia or bulimia nervosa) and
- Binge eating
- Overweight (obesity) -this goes along with binge eating at some points-.
Distinguishing between individual disorders is often difficult, as many sufferers have features of various eating disorders at the same time. Commonly, the form of disease also changes.
For Anorexia sufferers for instance, they should be given intensive medical and psychological care. In our practice, we don’t generally carry out a treatment of this disease for patients in critical danger. However, a biodynamic hypnotherapy for stabilizing the condition is highly recommended.
Characteristic of people suffering from anorexia or eating disorders include having:
- Low self-esteem,
- A fundamental uncertainty in self-image and self-awareness and
- An unusually strong adaptation to the wishes and ideas of other people.
Eating-crushing addiction (bulimia, bulimia nervosa)
People affected by bulimia are usually those of normal weight but are overly afraid of gaining any extra weight. To prevent “getting fat”, they develop unhealthy countermeasures, such as self-induced vomiting, which often leads to binge eating, which is known as consuming extremely large amounts of food within a very short time – often several times a day.
The interplay of binge eating, and vomiting can take on a ritualistic character and is perceived as relieving, relaxing or liberating.
Binge eating (addictive cravings that lead to eating attacks)
Binge eating disorder is when there is a rush of cravings within a 6-month period on at least two days a week, during which time unusually large amounts of food are consumed. The person eating loses control of their food intake.
Additionally, at least three of the following six diagnostic criteria must apply:
- Eating without being hungry
- Eating very fast the food
- Eating until it starts to feel unpleasant
- Eating alone to avoid feelings of guilt and shame
- Eating bouts are perceived as stressful
- After eating, feelings of disgust, shame, or depression occur.
Binge eating disorder can lead to severe obesity.
How can biodynamic hypnosis therapy support patients with eating disorders?
In our practice, we see eating disorder as an indication of a deep, basic and often unconscious problem. This problem can be a trauma, a strong conflict and / or repressed feelings.
Our hypnotherapeutic approach is aimed to:
- Uncover and resolve unconscious conflicts and traumas
- Strengthen self-esteem
- Be able to experience strong feelings without fear
- Initiate the spiritual development
- Explore the social environment
- Promote self-acceptance and self-love
We do not therapeutically discuss eating habits or nutritional plans. However, if you need assistance, we will send you a recommendation.
Different treatment approaches for biodynamic hypnosis treatment in eating disorders:
- The hypnotic trance leads to a soothing deep physical and mental relaxation
- Hypnotherapy and modern energetic therapy techniques help at resolving blockages such as anger, anxiety and shame. Self-acceptance can lead to a change in perception
- Conflict-resolving hypnotherapeutic interventions lead to emotional reorientation
- Hypnotherapeutic intervention to handle unconscious feelings of guilt and self-doubt
Your treatment for eating disorders
• 2 to 6 sessions
• Session length: 2 or 3 hours
Biodynamic – hypnotic intensive sessions for eating disorders. Those include:
o Free telephone support
o Minimum one hypnosis CD/Stick for relaxation
• Regression and analytic-conversational hypnosis,
• Work with part-personalities,
• Healing of the inner child,
• MEFT (Mindful Emotional Freedom Therapy),
• NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming),
• Energy therapy – are used depending on the problem.
o Mindful self-hypnosis, which is a highly effective self-hypnosis technique for physical and mental self-influencing results.
You can find additional information regarding methods of biodynamic hypnosis HERE. Please also note the paragraph about contraindications. Any questions? Give us a call or arrange a ½ hour free appointment.
§§§ We are not doctors, do not make any medical diagnoses, administer or prescribe any medications and we do not give any promises of healing. Our work as a hypnotherapist (state approved for psychotherapy / health insurance) cannot replace a visit to a doctor. The therapists can decide in individual cases whether to accept or reject a treatment.