Strategic coaching use questions and intervention procedures that arise from the six human needs.
The Six Human Needs
- Certainty: assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure
- Uncertainty/Variety: the need for the unknown, change, and new stimuli
- Significance: feeling unique, important, special or needed
- Connection/Love: a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something
- Growth: an expansion of capacity, capability or understanding
- Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others
Strategic coaching is based on scientifically proven findings, and according to those findings people in difficult situations, depending on their personal experience and life story, use specific strategies to maintain their inner balance.
These behavioral tendencies, developed over a long period of time, are often successful, but can fail when facing novel and unfamiliar requirements. Therefore, new strategies are sought together.
We often use strategic coaching simultaneously with conversational hypnosis.